Meet talented artist and illustrator, Bijou Karman!
1) What are some of your favorite places? My home, Topanga Canyon, 10th arrondissement in Paris, Big Sur, Kitchen Mouse on the weekends for breakfast, South Pasadena where I like to take long walks.
2) What is something you learned, saw, or heard recently that you would like to share with our readers? “Sweedeedee” by Michael Hurley is a nice song
3) What are some of your obsessions? painting, plants, decorating my house, shoes, organic food, discovering old music
4) What is something you’re looking forward to? I’m working on a new zine with two of my best friends and illustrators Juliette Toma and Vivian Shih, and I’m excited to see it all put together and printed.
5) Who are your favorite designers or artists? Daniel Clowes, Jules de Balincourt, Elizabeth Peyton, Edward Gorey, Cy Twombly, Alexander Calder, Diane Arbus, Rei Kawakubo, Phoebe Philo, Simone Rocha
7) What are some of your dreams? Collaborate with brands like Marni, CDG, Prada… see my work in i-D magazine… start my own brand… see my work in a museum…
The Gallery is a place where drawings and photos from the most promising young designers and illustrators can be viewed. Submit your own work for inclusion; see what others in your peer group are creating; compare with your own work and learn from the experience of others. For more information on people featured in the gallery and how to submit your work please follow this LINK.